Questions to ask yourself when buying an off-the-plan apartment
• Does the display model have a good feel to it?
• Does it feel spacious?
• Are the finishes high quality?
• Is there enough storage available?
• Should I spend extra for top-of-the-range appliances?
• Which direction will my apartment face? Is this ideal?
• Will the apartment get a lot of sunlight?
• What amenities are close to the apartment site?
• Is the space functional?
• Are the bedrooms reasonably sized? What furniture can they accommodate?
Questions to ask the developer when buying off-the-plan
• Is the layout of my off-the-plan apartment subject to change?
• When is the expected completion date? Can this vary? If so, how much can it vary?
• In the unfortunate event that the development can no longer go ahead, what is the process of getting my deposit back?
• Am I entitled to interest earned on my deposit?
• Which stage of development is my apartment in?
• How much should I expect to pay in strata fees?
• What is the building’s policy on pets?
• What aspects of the apartment are customisable?